Thiruvananthapuram

31°C

Partly cloudy

Enter word or phrase

Look for articles in

Last Updated Tuesday February 20 2018 12:08 AM IST

Saseendran says he was the only victim in the sleaze case

Text Size
Your form is submitted successfully.

Recipient's Mail:*

( For more than one recipient, type addresses seperated by comma )

Your Name:*

Your E-mail ID:*

Your Comment:

Enter the letters from image :

Saseendran says he was the only victim in the sleaze case A K Saseendran. Photo: Abu Hashim/File

Thiruvananthapuram: A K Saseendran, who returned as Kerala's transport minister last week after a court exonerated him in a honeytrap case, said that he was the real victim in the sleazy incident. He also said that he could not say if party colleague Thomas Chandy orchestrated the case that led to his resignation and a short-lived replacement by Chandy.

Saseendran made the remarks in the 'Nere Chovve' talk show in Manorama News. He was sworn in minister for the second time after the Thiruvananthapuram chief judicial magistrate dismissed a complaint by a woman who worked for a television channel.

The television channel had telecast an obscene telephone talk attributed to Saseendran, leading to his immediate resignation a year ago. Though Chandy succeeded Saseendran, he himself had to resign on the face of allegations of a land grab.

He was drawn into the controversy when a petitioner challenged Saseendran's acquittal on January 27 before the Kerala High Court. Mahalakshmi, the petitioner, was reported to be an aide of Chandy's personal assistant.

Mahalakshmi went to the high court after the chief judicial magistrate brushed aside her petition against pulling out the original complaint.

Read: Latest Kerala News  

The opinions expressed here do not reflect those of Malayala Manorama. Legal action under the IT Act will be taken against those making derogatory and obscene statements.

Email ID:

User Name:

User Name:

News Letter News Alert
News Letter News Alert