Thiruvananthapuarm: The Kerala police team probing the February 17 actress attack case is all set to file the charge sheet against actor Dileep, accused of plotting the crime.
Kerala police chief Loknath Behera said the cops would submit the charge sheet within two days. The police chief is reportedly checking the draft of the charge sheet.
Though it was earlier reported that Dileep would be named as the first accused in the case, police sources said he would now be named as the seventh accused.
Dileep has been accused of hatching a plot with prime accused Pulsar Suni and his accomplices to abduct and assault the Malayalam actress in a moving car in Kochi on the night of February 17.
The police found themselves in a fix after one of the witnesses changed their stance in the court.
The witness, an employee of Laksyah textile shop in Kakkanad, owned by Dileep's wife Kavya Madhavan, had told the police initially that Pulsar Suni had visited the shop when he was in hiding after the committing the crime.
The prosecution felt this change of stance would affect the case and hence the police would file a separate case against the ministry.
Dileep had last week sought a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into the actress abduction and assault case. In a letter to the home secretary, the accused actor alleged that the police chief Behera and ADGP B Sandhya were behind the trap against him. The actor, who was arrested on July 10, was granted bail on October 3.